We’ve heard from conservation groups all over New Hampshire that what they need most to mobilize volunteers is tools, tools, and more tools! From shovels to signs, and gloves to garden rakes, our partners and volunteers need quality tools to care for lands and waters.
The Stewardship Tool Library lends items (shovels, gloves, pruning saws, pry bars, etc.) used for trail maintenance, invasive weed pulling, habitat improvement, etc. by volunteers. We loan these without payment to conservation organizations and community groups in the area.
How to Use the Tool Library for the First Time
- Create an account by clicking "Create Account" at the top of the page.
- Fill out your full name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Sign the Borrower's Agreement.
- Sign the Assumption of Risk Waiver.
- Click on the "Inventory" tab and select items for your event.
- Schedule pick-up date and drop-off date.
- PLEASE NOTE - You must reserve tools at least 1 week in advance of your desired pick-up date. If you need to reserve tools within a week, you will be charged a $35 last-minute reservation fee.
- In the notes section of your cart, please describe your event and how you plan to use the tools. Ex: "I'm checking out tools on behalf of the Town of Durham Conservation Commission, who will be hosting a large group of volunteers at the Oyster River Forest on 10/21/17 to complete trail work and invasive plant pulling along the Oyster River Trail."
- Submit your reservation. You'll receive an email confirmation when your reservation is approved or we will contact you with questions about your request.
- Print risk waivers for all attendees.
- Pick up tools at scheduled time from the Tool Library.
- Have a fantastic workday! Report any injuries immediately to Nature Groupie staff.
- Clean tools.
- Return tools and signed risk assessment forms to the Tool Library on time.